Marmaris is one of the heavenly corners of Turkish coastline with a varied and lively ecosystem. The region attracts thousands of tourists every season. This year with the WRC event, incoming local and foreign tourist numbers are expected to boost. This is the reason why the Turkish Atomobile Sports Federation, the organising bdy of the event, is keen on diminishing the negative effects of the spectator numbers and any possible carbon footprint generated by the crew and teams.
- Use of public and collective transportation solutions wherever possible including for the VIPs
- Shuttle service organisation for the spectators to reach designated spectator areas
- Employment of differentiated waste collection equipment in the service park and other public areas
- Waste oil and special liquid collection in the Service Park for authorised disposal
- Cooperation with local authorities for the protection of the ecosystem